Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One Minute...

Today's topic was about a special toy one had as a child. Boy did this take me back... First thing that came to mind was my white stuffed teddy bear that my great grandparents had given me in which I had named Cheesy. Yes, Cheesy. Later on once I was older I read the tag on her bottom and discovered that her original name had been Snowflake...or something to that effect... but definitely not Cheesy. Cheesy was a great friend. I took that bear a lot of places. However, poor Cheesy got the short end of the stick when I got the flu and she had to take a nice bath in the wash and quick spin through the dryer. Her fur was completely ruined for some reason and this upset me a lot when it happened. For some reason after this, I acquired my brothers teddy bear that had been given to him by my great granparents also, in which was named Teddy-So-Soft. He became mine and even to this day wears my baby t-shirt and is hibernating under my bed. Yes, he is still with me. Came with me to college and is a great substitute for the rare occassions the hubby is gone. Thanks to my brother also for T.S.S., he has been a wonderful companion.... sorry Cheesy!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I got a kick out of your post. My favorite childhood toy was a stuffed carrot that was missing one eye. My dad won it for me at some little carnival about 4 hours from our home. We were visiting my cousins. When we were driving home, I realized that the beloved carrot that my dad won for me was NOT IN THE CAR!!! My dad turned the car around and drove back to my cousin's house and we got that carrot!! Soon afterward, one of the eyes fell off, but I still loved it. I finally got rid of it when Jarod and I bought our first house. It had lots of gross germs so I just couldn't keep it anymore!