I'm so sorry to any of you who actually read this blog. I know I have not posted since August and all I can say is I have tried. I really really have. I have over 5 unfinished blog entries that I have not published because, well, life got messy and busy in a way I never expected with so much that changed in August.
But that is not the reason for this blog. This is to say goodbye to 2009. I acutally just had a list of things I thought to recap on about the last decade also, but as I typed them out, I found many of them too personal and not wanting to share. Also, there is just WAY too much stuff that has happened in the past 10 years and I know I would miss something which would then bug me and then cause me to unpublish this which is defeating the goal of THIS blog which is just to FINISH IT.
Resolutions. I have a few. The first my husband thinks I needed to shorten the time line of which I ended up agreeing to because, well, I don't know if I can keep it. I have made a commitment to not buy a single article of clothing for MYSELF for 6 months. This is going to be a huge challenge because, well, if you know me at all, I am a bit of a clothes horse. I came to this idea one day after fining a beautiful sun dress at the end of November in the back of my closet that I bought about 2 years ago and haven't even worn yet. I've realized I am a hoarder of pretty apparel. I find something that does fit well and look good but then hide it away in the back with a fear that something might get on it or it might be ruined. I blame my line of work for this because, well, that's exactly what happens to most of my clothes. But right now I am not in a classroom and even so, I should embrace what I have... because it's a lot. So yes, 6 months, I must not make a purchase for myself for 6 months.
The other resolutions are pretty generic... be healthier, eat better, get trim cause I want to...
Oh, and finally come to a decision about my upcoming 10 year high school reunion which I still don't even know if I want to go. Sorry classmates, the more this thing draws closer the more I find myself dreading it. It didn't help that someone posted all of our freshman school pictures on facebook. I look at that thing and just think of how ridiculous I was back then and frankly it doesn't make me want to go reminisce. It makes me think of the stupid mistakes I made because of how naive I was, friends I hurt and also things that were very personal. Don't get me wrong, there were parts of high school I LOVED and would never change. Laughing till I cried with good girlfriends, football games, Dr. Zallers art class... yeah, that stuff was great and are the things that I would want to see certain people again to reminisce about that. Wish I could just wring out all the bad stuff though from my memory.
But in a lot of ways I would much rather celebrate the things that have happened after I graduated. Life after high school was so much BETTER! The past 10 years I have loved so much even with the truly huge ups and downs. There were some hard times but in the end I wouldn't change a thing. ... wow did this just come full circle? Guess so.
Happy New Year everyone!
....HAHA! I finished!
2 comments:
Happy New Year 2010.
Portugal
Bugs,
Go to your reunion. It will be fun and interesting! I had to chuckle when I thought about Dr. Z's art class... the fun we had... although that was your sophomore year!!!
I also understand the fear of having your clothes ruined in the classroom!!!! One reason why I have gotten so comfy in my jeans and cute tops at work rather than my dress clothes I had formerly worn in TX/OK.
Love you sis!
Post a Comment