Sunday, August 06, 2006

You never know...

Tonight Bobo and I received some very sad news. I won't tell what it is because it is not our place to, but it really upset me. It's the kind of thing that makes you realize that nothing is ever certain and things that you might think are one way are not what they seem. I believe that things happen for a reason, and I know that even though this thing happened, God has an ultimate plan and will bless it in His time and it will work out for the best. But still... it sucks.
It's also funny how upsetting things effect people. For me, most of the time, I cry. I cry a lot. Then I have to do something... anything. So tonight I went through all my papers and organized and labled each into catagories in a nice folder system. That took about half an hour, so now I am updating my blog, will probably work on my photo album, and email some friends till I make myself go to bed. How do you handle upsetting things? I've known people to push things down, hide them and let them build up till they overflow. Some I've known to come right out with their frustration or sadness or anger and blow the roof off (this includes me in some instances) and others I've known to humbly express thier despair but seem okay. I don't know. I wish we as humans were more open acutally about our pain sometimes and it wasn't such a taboo thing. People who need comfort should have it and know that they are loved when they are upset.
I will end my "Doogie Howser Moment" (according to Bobo who I've just read this to)with a quick shout out to my friends and family. I love you and God loves you more. Trust Him no matter what and He will always make it right.
Isaiah 41:10

3 comments:

Raoul The Destroyer said...

:(

I hope everything gets worked out for whatever sad situation happened.

And thanks for the encouragement. I agree... I wish people were more open about pain than they are, particularly since pain can teach us so much.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing okay. I'm not sure of the situation or if it involves you or not but like you said, God has a plan for everything. I am learning that daily in some situations with my family as well.

If you need to talk to someone, remember I am your future friendly neighbor! :)

Unknown said...

Beth,

Remember that God loves you and that his plans are only to give you love and a better life. Though the road to that life can be rough, it will be worth dealing through the difficulties. God will bring you through this.

Don't be afraid to deal with your feelings. It is ok to be sad and upset. Let yourself have that time to be upset. Don't deny your emotions but give them openly to God and your husband.

Be patient and understanding with others that are involved in this stituation. No one deals with pain and sadness in the same way. And everyone takes a different amount of time.

Know that there are so many people you love you and are here for you and are praying for you.

Wow, I hope that wasn't too preachy!! Love you!