April was Autism Awareness month and I tried to get people from my BR job involved in helping out at KcATC by having a donation bin for kids toys at ever BR in town. This however did not go over well because people were focussed in the fact that it was Aids Awareness month also and Gap Inc is a huge supporter. We've extended the donation time line into this month but it's hard to get people motivated sometimes.
Anyway, we did have the KC Autism Walk which was riddled the night before with snow and then rain most of the morning with low temperatures, but families and friends still came out and it ended up being a really nice day! We had a booth for our school and there were many other companies, schools and organizations out there too. I have to say though we were the most popular booth since we had balloons to give out...the kids loved it...and so did I with my Crispy Cream donut, yummy!!
In other news the school has been going through some growing pains. It's been hard trying to find people right now to work but we are finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel! We have two new teachers starting on Monday so that should take the load off for a while.
Bobby got employee of the month at Cost Co also. Yes yes we know about the movie, haha. This past week he had his special lunch with the managers and ended up going out for sushi which they all really liked. It made me laugh because Bobby said most people chose steak or burger lunches. So picturing these guys all hanging out, talking, eating sushi... well it's funny to me!
Anyway, we are fast approaching sibling wedding and hopefully some time to relax! Pictures will soon be up showing all fun happenings :-) I unfortunately do not get the summer off, but I have a week off in August I am dying to get to.
1 comment:
What a great daughter. D
Post a Comment