I have been informed that it has been WAY too long since my last update which I realize it has been! We completely flew through November and I didn't have a chance to sit down and tell everyone all the happenings of the season! Thanksgiving was held this year in my parents hotel rooms in Lawrence and catered. The food was okay and it was a little weird for me having it at a hotel, but the deserts and the time I got to spend with my family was wonderful. We watched Knocked Up while enjoying fudge and an awesome pumpkin pie from Costco and laughed heartily. I was also very happy that I got to see my Uncle Rick the day after also. Huzzah! We will have to discuss next year though.
Since then things have been a huge blur. Work has been crazy lately especially since people have been getting sick. Teachers and students alike are dropping like flies but we try to push through how bad we feel till it's almost impossible for us to function and then are sent home. Everyone has been troopers but the important thing is we need to take care of ourselves otherwise we get everyone else sick and we don't work well with the students. This is what I am telling myself over and over again especially at the moment cause I feel the ickiness coming on and am hoping it is just the dryness of the weather that is causing the scratchiness in my throat and congestion... ugh! So yeah... lovely I know...
On to other things! Bobo and I attended his Costco Holiday Party last Sunday night and had a fun time! They were giving out prizes in a drawing and I sooo wanted to win Rock Band but alas it is not so! That game looks awesome! If anyone gets it can I come play?
At the moment I am scrambling to get my Christmas shopping done too. For some reason it has been hard lately but I think a lot of that has had to do with finishing the Harry Potter series again. Just finished it hast night and I am so glad I reread it all the way through. There was so much I had missed or forgotten about last time and it was fun to catch onto those things. Highly recommend it. Now I am finished though Bobo will be so happy. He wont have to put up with me saying "One more minute okay. Then I'll turn out the light." ...well at least till I find another book to read ;-)
I am off to make more tea and down some vitamins. Will post again soon. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment