Bobo and I decided on the awesome game of Rock Band as our Christmas present to each other and it is AWESOME! I've had a blast playing the different instruments (yes, yes, I know they are not REAL instruments but so what?!) and the vocal part is fun too. Actually I've found myself stuck doing vocals most often when we've had company and am getting a little sick of it... I wanna be the drummer!!
In being stuck with as the vocalist so often, I have realized that the game is seriously lacking in female vocalists. In fact there are only around 4 songs with female vocals (Garbage and Hole to name some of the few) and all the rest are very much male. I'm a good sport and do my best to hit the low notes in which my poor voice can't even remotely accomplish, but this makes me a bit disgruntled. There are some awesome chick rockers out there and they are not being represented!! For one, one of my all time favorite vocalist and band, No Doubt!! Spiderwebs or Just a Girl would have been KICK TUSH on this game for drums, guitar AND vocals!! Hearts Barracuda would have been great, maybe even some Blondie. Anyone got any others?
I am in the middle of writing a letter to the creators of Rock Band and would love other suggested female vocalists who rock... and I mean ROCK... no pop-tarts please.
Also, if anyone wants to play come on over! Bobo and I have fun just us two but we also love company.
1 comment:
I want pictures of Rock Band!!! And, if you happened to bring it to Tulsa, you, me, and Jenn could start an ALL-girl chick band! :)
Post a Comment