Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wall-E

Bobo and I just got back from a showing this evening. I really enjoyed it and felt that Pixar has delivered another great movie. The thing that I wanted to write about though is my annoyance at people ignoring the whole point of the movie. Brace yourself, here is a bit of a spoiler...
The movie is partially set on Earth which has been abandoned due to the huge abundance of trash and waste that has overrun it. Humans decided instead of cleaning it up themselves they would take a space cruise for 5 years and have robots do the dirty work of clean up. So basically after watching this movie and being inspired to recycle more and use reusable containers to take for lunch now, we walk by a seat where a family was sitting down the row from us. The four seats are totally trashed with their left drink containers, popcorn bags and candy wrappers. Seriously? Really?! Yes, I know there are people who come in an clean the theater afterwards but come on! Have a little respect and pick up after yourselves and maybe make someones job a little easier. Geez...
Anyway, if your looking for a fun flick, Wall-E is super!

No comments: