Today's One Minute Writer is about First Impressions. The question is what I think might go through someones mind (or hope goes through their mind) when they first meet me. Let's see...
I would think that encountering me on a first meeting a person would think, "Short, but big smile and big eyes." This of coarse is just my thought of what people first think of when they first see me since, let's be honest, a lot of people judge first impressions based on looks. Now after I have opened my mouth and talked for, oh, 5 minutes or so, I would hope the person in question would think of me as friendly, engaging, knowledgeable, or even just plain old happy.
But of coarse how would I know... some first impressions of the past that have been relayed to me have ranged from quiet to bubbly to eloquent to nice to firecracker to shy...
yeah, bit of a wide range there. On the other hand, some of these first impressions were around very different points in my life. So in the true spirit of Behaviorism, I would think that my behavior in meeting a new person would be determined mainly on my environment and it's effect on me at that moment so in turn creating this wide range of first encounters... Maybe...?
No comments:
Post a Comment