Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Twilight Saga

Yes. I have read them and thoroughly enjoyed it! I can just imagine some of you rolling your eyes at this point and tisking at me, but you know what, go ahead, I don't care, cause I REALLY enjoyed these books. Not as much as Harry Potter mind you, but I have to say the story was enjoyable and I was hooked into these books and could not put them down unless instructed to by my husband so I would eat/go to bed/pay attention to him (sorry babe!). Even some of you, dear friends, have missed me due to these books causing me not to answer my phone or fail to return calls and texts...oops! But I am done with them now and want to share my measly two cents on them, so if you don't want anything spoiled if you are reading them, stop here, or if you just don't care, again, stop here...

In order, there is Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight...
The start. I'm sure most of you all know by now the story and/or have seen the movie so I won't go much into it. The relationship and development of all the characters was fast but left me wanting to know more about each of them. I was hooked and driving to the bookstore immediately after I'd finished it to get the second one...

New Moon...
I would have to argue my tie for favorite in the series. I love the development of Jacob and his relationship with Bella, though I have to say I got very impatient about Bella's behavior in this book. Then again, I had to remind myself a lot that this was a teen-novel and that it was going to be a dramatic FICTION. Anyway, I was very interested in the werewolves/shifters history and how it developed even more into the next novel. Also I was a big fan of the introduction of the Volturi and how they develop in the later books.

Eclipse...
I hated how Jacob was treated in this novel, but glad that he stayed a big part of it. Also I loved it when Bella tried to punch him in the face. Had me laughing out loud. I admit, I am more a fan of Jacob then Edward a lot of the time. Though as I read on I can't help but think Jacob becomes a glutton for punishment, but in the end it's a good thing he sticks around. I had to laugh though in the middle of this book because my brothers have been teasing me about the "Virgin Vampire" and how the books are centered around "Don't have Sex before Marriage." so when I came to the exchange of views and agreements on Bella and Edwards desires I was again laughing out loud at moments I think were suppose to be very tender... thanks for that one bro's...

Breaking Dawn...
Maybe it's just that I am fresh off this book but it is tied for my favorite. There were definitely some parts that I wasn't too sure about but Meyer's did a great job explaining and making things a bit less creepy then they could have become. I can't help but get a bit touchy when it comes to pregnant women and the possible killing/coveting of her child away from her. I loved the transition of Bella into her new life with Edward and the turn in Jacobs though. I especially liked the section of this novel where we got to see Jacobs view. I hope that Meyer's decides to write more about him and Nessie at some point.


...I truly enjoyed how this story ended. I feel that Meyer's did a wonderful job in telling a lot of background on the different species, covens and histories that kept me engaged in the novel and even wanting to know more. I believe there is a Twilight Saga official guide coming out soon or is out now that might also have a bit to say on everything, that might be entertaining.
One thing I also have to say though is how amazing it is that something this good can come from just a dream. Seriously. I've seen her in interviews and she says the hole idea came to her in a dream and she just started writing and did not stop. This is also very similar to JK Rowling and Harry Potter. It's just amazing to me how dedicated people can get to a project and then sit down and do it.
So who wants to see the movie with me? Huh?! Still haven't seen it and dying to now! Any takers?

No comments: