Sunday, March 22, 2009

Seattle, March Madness and a good book

I love visiting friends in far away places... if you haven't guessed. I flew up to Seattle to visit E and E for a few days and am feeling very content after my visit. Not only did I get to see them but also a great dinner with Matt and Em! Getting to wander the streets of downtown Seattle was also very rewarding with a wonderful cup of coffee and a yummy recommendation of a donuts stand in the Market from Em!
On top of this I got to curl up with a wonderful book and watch some great March Madness basketball games.
As of now, Rock Chalk baby! Go Hawks and congrats to all headed to the Sweet 16!
A book I would suggest you read before viewing the movie (which is always my recommendation) is Slumdog Millionaire by Vikas Swarup. Yes, I did learn about this story due to the Oscar hype of the movie, but I try to stick to my rule of read it before see it. Most of the time the book is better then the movie and I will see the movie soon, but so far, I have enjoyed this book greatly!
As most of you know, it is of a poor young man winning big on a game show and then he is arrested and accused of cheating. He is rescued by a young attorney in which the rest of the novel is of his recount to her of how during his life he came to know the answers to each of the questions. The recounts range from hilarious, touching, devastating all the way to heartwarming. The story carries well and as you approach the end you kind of expect the little twists at the end but for me, one still caught me off guard and caused me to exclaim "Nuh uh!!" Can you guess which incident this was? So this little novel is on my favorite list now. Read and enjoy! I will try to see the movie soon and write about it...
Next to come though will be my reaction to the Twilight movie... oh yeah, stick around for THAT one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be sticking around for that one!!

Glad you had a great time in Seattle and got to try the donuts.