So on Thursday I was at work and injured myself. I will not go into huge detail on how because I am still mystified as to how it all happened but I do remember agonizing pain surging through my toe, my boss and others trying to tell me stuff in the haste of the situation and me just thinking "oh dear lord I think something is really wrong." After getting a chance to breath and then look down at my right little toe, I realize that it is red, swelling and aching even more now that I started to focus on it. The pain became so bad I had to sit down right on the spot and ask a coworker for ice. After about 15 minutes and the swelling was continuing and the pain was actually bringing me to tears I decided to call Bobo to come get me. Also, God bless our friend J-rod. He was so kind in helping me get a hold of Bobo and then coming with him to get me and drive my car back.
Once home and my foot elevated and covered in more ice-packs I noticed I was starting to get some bruising on the sides and inbetween the toe the injured one. I finally got a mirror and looked at the back to be horrified by the nice bruising that was also on the backside of it. Friday I did go to my doctor whom gave me the diagnoses of broken and to stay off it as long as I can bear with 4 advil three times a day and buddy-taping of necessary. Luckily my toe has not decided to start sticking out at a 90 degree angle from the rest of my foot and buddying seems to just irritate it, so it's been fine without.
So here I am, my foot propped up surrounded my ice, and bored off my bum. So a little update in the bloggy-blog is definitely in order.
3 comments:
Ah Bugs... you be careful!!! I can envision this Workman's Comp report in the section that asks, "How could this injury have been prevented??" ... umm... good question...
I hope your toe heals quickly!!! Much love to you!
Ah Bugs... you be careful!!! I can envision this Workman's Comp report in the section that asks, "How could this injury have been prevented??" ... umm... good question...
I hope your toe heals quickly!!! Much love to you!
That is crazy!! I hope your toe feels better soon.
Post a Comment