Monday, May 29, 2006

Little Beauties!

Big news hit us all early Friday morning as baby Kaitlyn Elizabeth (Katie) entered the world at around 4:30 am!! On saturday Bobo, two of his sisters, his mother and his youngest brother and I drove to Rhode Island to see the new arrival to the family. She was absolutely beautiful and a strong little bundle of joy! We passed her around for holding time and snapped pictures of the littlest movement she made. I got teary eyed a few times I admit, but this was something so special to witness; a family starting to grow, a new dad and mom, new uncles and aunts and grandparents.. all such a blessing!
I got to witness another little beauty just walking into my apartment complex today also! This one I totaly dedicate to my dad who taught me to appreciate the little miracles of nature... except spiders. When we were kids, he had a huge butterfly net in which he caught all different kinds of butterflies, moths and other bugs. He even made a huge cabnet with drawers you could pull out to see the ones he kept and pinned for others to see how amazing these little creatures were. Don't feel bad for them trust me. We had huge butterly bushes on the side of our house where dozens of butterflies and moths and bumblebees and regular bees and wasps would gather. My favorite was the monarch by the way. I loved the migration that went over every fall. Okay, sorry for the side-track, but this explains my little friend that I immediatly got my camera out for. This beautiful little moth sat outside the front door to my apartment and I have NEVER seen one with these colors. My zoom wasn't too great on getting close to him though, and this was the only picture I could get that wasn't a blurr. I tried to nudge him gently to have him open up his wings, but he was determined to stay put so I let him be. But yeah, nature is amazing isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

of all the things you choose to remember....at least you chose one of the better ones...Except of course spiders.D

Arely said...

Amazing beauties, both of them : ) ! The last little beauty was dressed in very fashionable colors... hehe ; )

Unknown said...

Wow, that baby is so cute! You're an aunt!! Weird.

That moth is really unusual. I thought it was some plastic angel thing.