Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Finally we can update!

Okay, so we finally got internet today and thank God that we did! I was going a litte stir crazy and needing something else to do besides watch the Maury show one...more...time!!!! It's been also hard trying to find job stuff too, though I could just do it the old fashion way, drive around, look for places, look in a phone book.. but then I hit problems like... how do I know if this is a good place? What is their background like? How do I get to where I want to go? All things that I've realized I have become very dependent on the internet for, bleh!
Anyway, we are in Olathe and pretty much settled in now. We have been out exploring and attempting to decorate the place, but all we've hung was a mirror The Squirrel gave us as a wedding gift. We tried to put floathing shelves in, but that ended badly with me marching them right back into Target and us having three little drill holes in the wall. Yeah, we won't attempt that again.
The place is great though, we really like it. The area is nice too, but I have definalty come to find several things that are very different then in MA. For example, the customer service here is crazy compared to MA. People come up to you, ask if they can help, throw things over or under the dressing room door you didn't pick but they think would be great on you, stalk you down isles to tell you about a product for the third time that yes, they had already mentioned. Aaah! Maybe I liked the non-attentive customer service better!! Also, I've just started getting use to all the open space again. At first I was a little overwhelmed by it. Look! I can see at least 10 stores all on each side of the road! Their are street lamps everywhere, and the sky, it's HUGE!! Also, we have cows across the street, yep, cows... and two red-tailed hawks that sit on top of our apartment building and stalk the cats and little dogs running around the apartment buildings.
Alrighty, I will leave this with you all for now, but I will post pictures soon as requested. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that we're just down the street. We could have helped with the shelves if you'd asked. :)

Arely said...

AawWwe...