Monday, August 10, 2009

Last Week Reflection

So this is my last week of work at my job that I have been at for over 2 years. I feel this is a very bitter-sweet week because it's the end of something I really loved and supported for a long time. Now I am starting a whole new part of my life on the next two weeks. I am going back to school with a desire to do more and be more then I am right now. I won't lie, but I've felt stuck and under-appreciated for a long time to the point where I questioned whether my field of work was really were I was suppose to be. After seeing and experiencing some things though I know that I am on the right path. I've learned that you can't make everyone happy and that if others don't like you or respect you, sometimes there is no way to change that persons opinion. Also, sometimes it's just time to move on and let go of things. Sometimes those things that seem so important that you cling onto so tight are the things that hold you back and keep you from becoming better, stronger.

**Update 1/1/10... This was a post I did not publish at the time of its writing. Reading it now and looking back I know why I didn't but now I think it's important to share again with myself and also remember what I was thinking and feeling at that time. Being a semester in to school now, I am even more confident in where I am and what I am doing.

No comments: