Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Older Bro!

Today is my older brothers birthday! In honor of today I would like to randomly write some of the things that are wonderful about him, maybe a few memories and a little bragging... I am his little sister, so I have to boast about my awesome big brother!
Since I was young I've looked up to him... or have been jealous. He and my younger brother had a bond I couldn't understand and he was stronger then I was and able to kick other boys butts in karate class. He had his struggles, but he's overcome them in ways that most people can only wish to do so.
I envy his faith in God and his dedication to doing the right thing, even when it is unpopular.
He has defended me countless times and has cried with me and loved me even when I have been a huge brat.
He's laughed with me about ridiculous things... especially fart jokes.

One of my most favorite memories is that he, along with a friend, were the ones who baptized me my freshman year of college. He's been a teacher to me in so many ways and an ally, though there have been points where I felt true rage against him and he against me. Thankfully, we have a bond and love as brother and sister that seems to have overcome even the most heated arguments.
He's incredibly smart! He's always been since I can remember and it's spurred red hot jealousy in me in the past that he could sit down and learn so quickly it seemed, especially with certain challenges that we some what share. I'm so proud of him for what he is doing now in his studies for his PhD and like to brag about my big brothers who is studying to corrupt peoples minds.
I love the moments we've had, all three of us, where we've bonded together as one entity, fighting together, laughing together, crying together... I can't believe how lucky I am to have you and our younger brother too.
Today I hope your day is a wonderful one, and know I am so thankful for you and who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww... thank you. I am only now seeing this - I haven't been checking the blogs all that much. That's one of the best gifts I could ever recieve.

Love you very much, Bugsy.