Friday, October 10, 2008

No More Trims

Just came home from a nice dinner with my hubby and had a message on the machine. It was from my salon telling me that my stylist needed to cancel my December appointment because he's moving out of state at the end of this month... Dang it!
It took me a while to find a stylist that I liked and trusted to cut my hair short. I am picky... very picky, about who cuts my hair. I use to drive to Lawrence but after gas prices went crazy I had to find someone closer and I was so excited to find my guy, especially since it was an old classmate from high school and we got to catch up on stuff.
So why am I so picky about my hair stylist? I blame my mother. From a young age I remember going with her to the salon to get hair cuts together. I always loved those days every other month where we would spend a morning relaxing and getting all dolled up. I remember one time my mom said I could get high lights in my hair and my dad threw the door open once we got home, inspect my head and then declare I looked nice. I still think to this day he thought I was coming home with thick, blue streaks or something of that nature. So yes, my mother is the one who planted the seed that makes me such a snob about it, but I've had some great hair cuts! It's just one of those things that can make any day ten times better... at least for me.


Oh well, looks like a good time to grow my hair out again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is Z moving to?