Also I think I am just ready for my trip next week. I've been looking forward to this for so long and I am in the final week or so before I go. I'm a bundle of nerves and super excited when i think about it. Maybe this is why normal life is so annoying to me right now. Then again, I should be savoring this anticipation. Before I know it I will be back and the hole experience will have been a huge blur I can barely comprehend.
Why is it that we are always in such a hurry to get somewhere when once we do get there it will pass so much faster then we expect? It makes me sad to think of my trip actually being OVER and I will be again sitting at this computer, on this red couch typing about how much I miss it all.
Why can't we ever enjoy things the way they should be enjoyed or appreciated?
So in light of this thought I will share a funny story with you all... to laugh at me about, so enjoy this moment.
Yesterday we had our yearly golf tournament to raise money for my work. The staff volunteered to help out during the tournament and I was in the early shift. We set up the registration booth and also set up a couple tables of items to display for a silent auction later that night. Some items were gift baskets, trips, autographed items, and also autographed collages of famous people. One of my coworkers was unwrapping a specific collage and immediately yelled at me to turn around. As I turned, I had my breath taken away as I came face to face with a dozen beautiful pictures of Micheal Phelps. The minute I saw all those pictures, the autograph, and everyone (coworkers and golfers alike) staring at me, I turned bright red and started giggling like crazy. I AM that silly girl on the commercial as my boss has declared as she wiped away tears from laughing so hard at me. Enjoy my humiliation ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment