I'm not going to really go into the candidates, that is something I think has been talked about enough, what I want to vent about is us as voters. My sister-in-law brought up a point about how when coworkers of hers found out whom she was voting for, they started criticizing her, sometimes indirectly but still the same, and name calling which truly made me angry, making me want to storm up to her work place and slap a harassment suit against them... or maybe just yell at them. Also, recently I saw someone had posted on another friends facebook that "McCain for President, the ONLY Christian choice." which got my blood boiling. Who the hell is ANYONE to say that someone is a bad Christian/person for not voting for someone? This is just down right mean! How dare any of us judge another for whom we are voting for? I may roll my eyes everytime I hear someone praise Palin, but I have no right to say whether that person whom adores her is horrible for liking her. In fact I applauded Palin and McCain recently for their Saturday Night Live skits and being able to laugh at themselves.
So I guess the big thing here is, let's not all get mean spirited over this. Respect eachothers opinions and votes even if we don't agree on who to vote for! We might disagree but there is no reason to start bashing eachother like we're back in the 3rd grade and it's a fight between who's better, Batman or Superman. Let's all try to get along, hu?
2 comments:
I completely agree. It's simply how we think government should be run, why all the judgement and labeling? I've seen it on both sides for sure, but do you treat someone who has different religious beliefs in the same way? No, because that would be unacceptable and pretty much devestating to our witness as Christ followers. Guess what, we're still Christ followers who need to love, and that person whom you are ridiculing their political beliefs may be looking to you as the only Christian they know. Anyway, yes, let's all get along, i sincerely hope we are all united on NOv. 5th! By the way, I'm starting a new blog, www.joshanderinevans.blogspot.com. It's not pretty but hopefully it'll be easier to navigate and I'm going to put a bunch of my thoughts on there. Glad you had a good trip!! I'm so jealous!!
Thanks E! Good to hear from you! Will be checking out your blog for updates :-)
Post a Comment